It's 5:01 a.m and I'm sleeping on the smallest end of a queen-sized bed, while Elvis & June Carter, warmly tucked under their cow blankets, are occupying 80% of the prime available real estate , (and eyeing the other 20% like they're preparing for a hostile takeover).
Oh well, might as well get that coffee I.V. running and jump start myself into lucidity.
"France shootings" It sobered me into lucidity to once again be reminded of how far humanity has to go. I hurt for those people the same way I do for people here who suffer so tragically and needlessly over stupid-assed conflicts concerning religious ideals and money.
Excuse me for a moment while I go full on redneck briefly: I denounce torture and the use of it - but these Al-Quaeda pieces of shit? Use their nutsack for a pin-cushion, and then throw them shaved and perfumed in solitary with the biggest-meanest homo-sexual predators that SuperMax Prison in Marion, Illinois has to offer. That's not torture - it's taking out the garbage.
I was, and remain , a huge fan of Malcolm X. He came to some pretty profound truths on his way to completely denouncing violence and bloodshed as pure evil - of no redeeming function in any religion or practice. Back then the Nation of Islam was so proud of their self-policing and self-regulating. They still gunned Malcolm down like a dog because he spoke the truth in a language they didn't want to hear.
My question today is , again, 'Where the hell are these good and peaceful harmony loving Muslims that we hear about so often, and why the hell aren't they doing something about the vile sub-human murderers among them. If Islam wants the respect and cooperation of rest of the world they need to conduct themselves accordingly . I call bullshit... If Muslims want a better public image - do something about yourselves.
It is not necessary to wait until an under-qualified, under-trained, over-weaponized, overworked, and/or unstable half-wit creates more problems and more danger for themselves and the communities they're hired to serve. For a myriad of reasons: If police in America want a better public image - do something about yourselves.
America has suffered 61 mass shootings and 297 people killed in school shootings
in the US, since Columbine High School 15 years ago. The NRA and gun-owner response has been overwhelmingly bitchy and childish.
"It's not our problem", and "keep your shit-hooks off my Semi-auto/150-round UZI that I keep for target shooting and hunting squirrels. " VAGINAS!!! (This hurts me - I don't mean to give vaginas a bad name)
I am a gun person. I grew up with them and I still like to shoot. I also am acutely aware, as are my sons, that these are NOT toys. If I thought for a minute that my gun was going to cost anyone their life-through my carelessness or anyone elses- then as an adult, there's only one smart choice. It's gone.
Sanity would dictate that we take any and all measures necessary to insure that not one more child dies needlessly. Anyone with the gall to call that a untenable sacrifice is purely , assininely selfish. Murderously so.
Guns are big money and there are tons of them out there. There was only one Victoria Soto, who hid her students safely and protected them in Newtown when a delusional teenager with Mommy's pistol murdered her and 20 grade-schoolers at Sandy Hook. Every gun buyer in America should have to speak to the parents of one of those children who didn't come home from school that day before they buy that next "toy"
I am begging gun people of all stripes - "Grow up !!" Do something about gun deaths in this country" If gun-owners want a better public image - then do something about yourselves.
No we're not. And if you let us. If you stop fighting and scratching and screaming for a minute and just listen. If you sing along. If you think about the message and try to believe in your best and the best of others, If you clap and dance and smile with those you love and those you don't - If you can make love and not war:-), Then we can still do something about ourselves
"Love ya all -everybody" -(except Fed-Ex . They're 2 days late with my furnace parts - I only like them)
"Don't Take any Wooden Nickels"